Sunday, February 22, 2009

All Done, Finished, Completed




It has been an amazing journey, meeting so many wonderful people along the way, seeing some of the countries amazing landscape, dealing with the physical and mental obstacles that came my way, moving through the mountain of emotions that I was carrying to reach a place of peace, tranquility, understanding and fulfilment.

From the start I tried to take one day at a time not looking towards the finish in Brisbane, now that I have reached it I realize that I can go on walking or indeed living in a similar way and I have Brony within me always.

I dedicated this walk to her brightness, love of life, spontenaity, carefree, humble, beautiful, bubbly, amazing person that she was and always will be for me. In return she has given me a chance to move forward and to find myself again amongst the haze and darkness that I was in. Thank you Brony for sharing this jouney with me and pushing me forward when I needed it, I will love you always.

Thank you also the the many kind and generous people that I have met along the way that have shared in my journey and given me the encouragement that I needed to take the next step forward, you are all special wonderful human beings and I am blessed to have met you.

Thank you for your donations to the McGrath Foundation - "together we can make a difference".

Thank you to my mother, sister and grandmother. 3 wonderful ladies in my life that have all shared in my pain and have helped me through to continue with this journey.

what next.....?? I will continue to let the jouney of life unfold with patience.

who knows walking in NZ from A2B (Auckland to Bluff) might be the next thing.....

No comments: